Preamble, Kansas Constitution
| Ordinance • Preamble • Bill of Rights|
1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15
| Text of Preamble:
We, the people of Kansas, grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges, in order to insure the full enjoyment of our rights as American citizens, do ordain and establish this constitution of the state of Kansas, with the following boundaries, to wit: Beginning at a point on the western boundary of the state of Missouri, where the thirty-seventh parallel of north latitude crosses the same; thence running west on said parallel to the twenty-fifth meridian of longitude west from Washington; thence north on said meridian to the fortieth parallel of north latitude; thence east on said parallel to the western boundary of the state of Missouri; thence south with the western boundary of said state to the place of beginning.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Kansas State Library, "Kansas Constitution"
- Kansapedia: Kansas State Historical Society, "Wyandotte Constitution"
- Kansapedia: Kansas State Historical Society, "Kansas Constitutions"
- Heller, Francis H. (2011) The Kansas State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
- Wilder, D.W. (1875). The Annals of Kansas
- Cutler, William G. (1883) History of the State of Kansas, Chicago, Illinois: A. T. Andreas
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |