For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Preamble, Louisiana Constitution
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • XIII • XIV|
| Text of Preamble:
We, the people of Louisiana, grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political, economic, and religious liberties we enjoy, and desiring to protect individual rights to life, liberty, and property; afford opportunity for the fullest development of the individual; assure equality of rights; promote the health, safety, education, and welfare of the people; maintain a representative and orderly government; ensure domestic tranquility; provide for the common defense; and secure the blessings of freedom and justice to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Louisiana State Senate, "Louisiana Constitution"
- Archives.org, "Louisiana 1812 Constitution"
- Archives.org, "Louisiana Purchase Treaty"
- Louisiana History.org, "Timelines"
- Hargrave, W. Lee (1991). The Louisiana State Constitution: A Reference Guide, Westport, Connecticut: Greenwood Press
- Louisiana (1812). Constitution or Form of Government of the State of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana: Jo. Bar. Baird
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Louisiana Supreme Court | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Family Court | Juvenile Courts | Parish Courts | Justice of the Peace Courts | City Courts | Mayor's Courts | Magistrate Courts | Traffic Courts | Judicial selection in Louisiana |