Preliminary Action, Nevada Constitution
|Preliminary Action • Ordinance • Preamble • 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • XVIII • 19 • Election Ordinance|
| Text of Preliminary Action:
The Act of Congress Approved March Twenty First A.D. Eighteen Hundred and Sixty Four “To enable the People of the Territory of Nevada to form a Constitution and State Government and for the admission of such State into the Union on an equal footing with the Original States,” requires that the Members of the Convention for framing said Constitution shall, after Organization, on behalf of the people of said Territory, adopt the Constitution of the United States.—Therefore, Be it Resolved,
That the Members of this Convention, elected by the Authority of the aforesaid enabling Act of Congress, Assembled in Carson City the Capital of said Territory of Nevada, and immediately subsequent to its Organization, do adopt, on behalf of the people of said Territory the Constitution of the United States[.]
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Nevada State Legislature, "Nevada Constitution"
- Online Nevada Encyclopedia (ONE), "Nevada Statehood"
- Bowers, Michael W. (2014). The Nevada State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
- Bushnell, Eleanor, and Don Driggs. (1984). The Nevada Constitution: Origin and Growth, Reno, Nevada: University of Nevada Press
- Johnson, David Alan. (1992). Founding the Far West: California, Oregon, and Nevada, 1840-1890, Berkeley, California: University of California Press