|Alabama State Senate District 19|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|Master's||University of Montevallo|
|Birthday||October 8, 1943|
|Profession||Homeless Education Coordinator, Bessemer City Schools|
Dunn received a B.S. from Alabama State University and an M.A. from the University of Montevallo.
Dunn served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Confirmations Committee
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Local Legislation No. 2 Committee
- Rules Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Priscilla Dunn is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Dunn won re-election to the 19th District Seat in 2010. She defeated Nathan J. Reed in the primary, receiving 10,862 votes to Reed's 2,043. She then ran unopposed in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama State Senate, District 19 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Priscilla Dunn (D)||10,862|
|Nathan J. Reed (D)||2,043|
The election for Seat 19 on the Alabama Senate was scheduled for August 18. However, no Republican qualified to run against Dunn in that election. Since Dunn's name was to be the only name on the ballot, and since Jefferson County was cash-strapped, Secretary of State Beth Chapman canceled the election, which resulted in Dunn winning the seat. The special election would have cost about $100,000.
In 2010, Dunn raised $210,291 in contributions.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$25,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$12,000|
Dunn and her husband, Grover, have one child. They reside in Bessemer, Alabama.
Dunn is a member of the Bessemer Civic Center Board of Directors, secretary for Girls Incorporated of Central Alabama and president of the Humanistic Challengers Federated Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Priscilla + Dunn + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator. Priscilla Dunn News Feed
- Alabama Senate - Priscilla Dunn
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart - Priscilla Dunn
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- "Al.com", "Priscilla Dunn wins Democratic runoff for state Senate", Accessed September 9. 2013
- "Al.com", "Former state Sen. E.B. McClain sentenced to 5 years, 10 months", Accessed September 9. 2013
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Democratic Primary results
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Birmingham News, "Secretary of State Beth Chapman says she is canceling the August special election for state Senate District 19, since Democrat Priscilla Dunn is unopposed", July 21, 2009
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Dunn
|Alabama House District 56
| Succeeded by|
E. B. McClain
|Alabama State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|