For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Puerto Rico Constitution
|Puerto Rico Constitution|
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX|
- See also: Preambles to state constitutions
The Preamble of the Puerto Rico Constitution states:
In so doing, we declare:
The democratic system is fundamental to the life of the Puerto Rican community;
We understand that the democratic system that where the will of the people is the source of government, the political order is subordinate to the rights of man and the free participation of citizens in collective decisions is assured;We consider as determining factors in our life our citizenship of the United States of America and our aspiration continually to enrich our heritage democratic in the individual and collective enjoyment of its rights and privileges; the loyalty to the principles of the Federal Constitution; coexistence in Puerto Rico of two great cultures of the Western Hemisphere; the fervor for education; faith in the justice; devotion to the courageous, industrious and peaceful life; fidelity to the values the human being above social position, racial differences and interests economic; and hope for a better world based on these principles.
Click on the article links to read the full article text. All text is translated from Spanish to English via translate.google.com.
- Article I - The Commonwealth.
- Article II - Bill of Rights.
- Article III - The Legislature.
- Article IV - Executive Power.
- Article V - The Judiciary.
- Article VI - General Provisions.
- Article VII - Amendments to the Constitution.
- Article VIII - The Senate Districts and Representative.
- Article IX - Transitional Provisions.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Oficina de Servicios Legislativos - Puerto Rico, "Constitución del Estado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico"
- Constitution of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico - English translation via Google.com