Putnam County, Florida
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
This website was most recently evaluated on 30 January 2012.
- Board meeting schedule, minutes, and agendas are available.
- Commissioners are listed on the front page with links to contact info.
- Administrative contact information is provided for each department.
- Building permits and zoning information is posted.
- A link is available to email public records requests on the site's transparency portal.. There is also a PDF form available for records requests.
- Local tax information is available.
- Budget and audit reports are posted.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Current bids are posted. However, current contracts are not.
Board of County Commissioners
The Board of County Commissioners serves as the legislative and policy making body for Putnam County. The governing body has the power to perform the following duties: approve the budget, set millage rates and adopt ordinances and resolutions necessary to carry out the operations of all County departments and programs. The Board also has the power to adopt its own rules of procedure, select its officers and set the time and place of its official meetings. The Board also prepares and enforces comprehensive plans for the development of the County.
|District 1||Nancy S. Harris|
|District 2||Chip Laibl|
|District 3||Kenny Eubanks|
|District 4||Ed Taylor|
|District 5||Brad Purcell|
The current County Administrator is Rick Leary.
The County Administrator is responsible for administrative and Management responsibilities, directing and coordinating all phases of County government functions and activities under the jurisdiction of the Board of County Commissioners in accordance with Chapter 125 of the Florida Statutes and the County Ordinance. The Administrator serves as the liaison between the Board of County Commissioners and the citizens of the County. The County Administrator is also responsible for the County's annual budget.
In early 2012, Jacksonville's The Florida Times-Union requested public salary data from more than 90 North Florida government agencies for 2010-11. Below are the Putnam County employees who earned more than $100,000 in 2010:
|Name||Year||Employer||Base Pay||Total Pay|
|LEARY, RICKY||2010||Putnam County Commissioner's Office||$140,038.82||$140,038.82|
|CASTLEBERRY, RUSSELL||2010||Putnam County Commissioner's Office||$134,378.65||$134,378.65|
|HARDY, JEFFREY S||2010||Putnam County Sheriff's Office||$114,815.00||$114,815.00|
|TOWNSEND, THOMAS||2010||Putnam County Schools||$110,468.00||$110,468.00|
|BOYNTON, ELWIN||2010||Palatka, City of||$110,172.92||$110,172.92|
|SMITH, TIM||2010||Putnam County Clerk of Courts||$106,219.00||$108,219.00|
|Parker, Tim||2010||Putnam County Property Appraiser||$108,219.00||$108,219.00|
|Mahaffey, Ken||2010||Putnam County Tax Collector's Office||$108,219.00||$108,219.00|
|Surrency, James||2010||Northeast Florida Educational Consortium||$106,628.29||$106,628.2|
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
- Official Putnam County Website
- Putnam County Property Appraiser
- Putnam County on E-Reference
- Putnam County Sheriff's Office
- Putnam County Chamber of Commerce
- Putnam County on Epodunk
- Board of County Commissioners
- County Administrator
- Building and Zoning
- Putnam County, FL -- Transparency
- Public Records Requests
- Tax Collector
- Clerks in the Sunshine
- General Services - Call for Bids
- County Administrator
- Salary findings for North Florida government agencies
- [=21&year=2010 Putnam salary data]
- Board Agenda, District School Board of Putnam County, Florida - Tuesday, April 7, 2009
- PBC Clerk & Comptroller 5.30.07