Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board Member, College Station Independent School District, Place 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Quinn Williams won election by default on November 5, 2013 in an unopposed race.
Williams was not endorsed in this campaign.
Williams reported no contributions or expenditures to the Texas Ethics Commission.
What was at stake?
Three seats were up for election on November 5, 2013. Those seats are for Places 3, 4 and 5. Places 3 and 5 were filled by new members and Place 4 was filled by an incumbent.
About the districtBrazos County, Texas. The county seat of Brazos County is Bryan. Brazos County is home to 194,851 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. In the 2011-2012 school year, College Station Independent School District was the 97th-largest school district in Texas and served 10,805 students.
Brazos County overperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 38.7 percent of Brazos County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.3 percent for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Brazos County was $37,638 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Brazos County was 30.0 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Quinn + Williams + College + Station + Independent + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- College Station Independent School District
- College Station Independent School District elections (2013)
- Texas Ethics Commission Search Campaign Finance Reports, accessed December 26, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Brazos County, Texas," accessed August 4, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed August 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Brazos County," accessed December 31, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014