Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate, District 49|
|North Carolina State Senate|
|Bachelor's||Western Carolina College, 1953|
|Master's||Western Carolina University, 1969|
|Place of birth||Spring Creek, NC|
|Profession||President, Walnut Cash & Carry Incorporated|
Clark previously served in the North Carolina State Senate from 1995-1996 and 1997-1998.
Clark earned his B.S. in Business Administration from Western Carolina College in 1953 and his ME.d. from Western Carolina University in 1969. His professional experience includes working at the North Carolina Department of Human Resources, sales and sales marketing at Home Beneficial Life Insurance Company, president of Georgetown Food Mart Incorporated and president of Walnut Cash & Carry Incorporated.
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Mark Crawford defeated R.L. Clark and Clarence Young in the Republican primary, while incumbent Terry Van Duyn was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Van Duyn and Crawford will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 49 Republican Primary, 2014|
Clark ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 49. He defeated Chancellor Von Henner in the Republican primary on May 8 and was defeated by incumbent Martin L. Nesbitt, Jr. (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Martin L. Nesbitt, Jr. Incumbent||62%||61,826|
|Republican||R. L. Clark||38%||37,953|
|North Carolina State Senate District 48 Republican Primary, 2012|
|R L Clark||81%||11,927|
|Chancellor Von Henner||19%||2,791|
Clark ran in the 2010 election for North Carolina State Senate District 49. Clark defeated James Yelton in the Republican primary election on May 4, 2010, and was defeated by Martin L. Nesbitt, Jr. (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|North Carolina State Senate Republican Primary, District 49 (2010)|
|North Carolina Senate, District 49 (2008)|
|Martin L. Nesbitt, Jr. (D)||56,150|
|R L Clark (R)||29,391|
Clark and his wife, Patricia, have three children; Darrell, Teresa, and Melissa.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "RL + Clark + North + Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 49
- Vote N.C., "R.L. Clark," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 9, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results, 2012," accessed June 18, 2012
- North Carolina official primary results
- Official North Carolina General Election Results
- 2008 election results, North Carolina Senate
- Follow the Money, "North Carolina Senate spending, 2008," accessed August 14, 2014