|Texas State Senate, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 26, 2013|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Bray served in the United States Air Force.
Bray's website highlights the following campaign themes:
JOBS and ECONOMY
- "Supports responsible offshore drilling"
- "Supports small business development"
- "Opposes unnecessary government spending"
- "Supports pay increase for teachers"
- "Supports private sector funded education"
- "Opposes unrealistic increases in college tuition"
- "Supports transportation reform"
- "Supports more local control of transportation projects"
- "Supports the 10th Amendment"
- "Supports the 2nd Amendment"
- "Supports Property Rights"
Bray ran for election in the special election for Texas State Senate District 6. The seat was vacant following Mario Gallegos's death in October 2012. Bray lost facing Carol Alvarado (D), Sylvia Garcia (D), Susan Delgado (D), Rodolfo M. Reyes (D), Joaquin Martinez (R), Dorothy Marie Olmos (R) and Maria Selva (G) in the special election on January 26, 2013. The top two vote-getters, Alvarado and Garcia, went to a runoff.
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
Bray ran in the 2012 election for Texas State Senate, District 6. Bray ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. Although incumbent Mario Gallegos died in October 2012, his name remained on the ballot, with votes exceeding those of Bray. A special election to fill the seat was set for January 26, 2013.
|Texas State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mario Gallegos Incumbent||70.9%||93,289|
Bray is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Vice President of Houstons Young Republicans
- Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals
- Frederick Douglass Foundation
- Booker T. Washington Society
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "R.W. + Bray + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas Tribune, "Packed Field Could Mean a Runoff in SD-6"
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Texas Tribune, "Packed Field Could Mean a Runoff in SD-6," January 2, 2013
- (dead link)index.html bray4texas.com
- Dallas Morning News, "Houston special election for late state senator’s seat heading into runoff," January 26, 2013
- The Republic, "Alvarado, Garcia, Bray vying to replace deceased Gallegos in Texas Senate special election," November 12, 2012
- The Dallas Morning News, "Governor sets special election for senate seat in Houston area," December 13, 2012
- Your Houston News, " Third candidate joins race for late Senator seat," December 28, 2012
- elections.sos.state.tx.us, "Official election results," accessed November 15, 2013
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012