|New Jersey State Senate, District 29|
Barsoom is a physician at the HackensackUMC Mountainside Hospital. He has served as a board member for the North Jersey Developmental Center.
In an interview with the Belleville Times, Barsoom highlighted the concerns he has for his district, including high crime rates, high property taxes, unemployment and a lack of safety on the streets. Barsoom said, if elected, he would "push for more police in Newark, and more police presence on the streets."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Barsoom ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 29. Barsoom was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent M. Teresa Ruiz (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 29 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Teresa Ruiz Incumbent||78.3%||16,078|
Barsoom currently resides in Belleville, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Raafat + Barsoom + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Facebook page
- Follow the Money profile
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- NorthJersey.com, "Belleville resident to run for State Senate," February 11, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013