Ralph Anthony Howard
|Ralph Anthony Howard|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 72|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
|Service/branch||United States Marines|
|Profession||Adult Education Instructor|
Howard is employed as an adult education instructor at Shelton State Community College of Tuscaloosa.
Howard served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Ethics
- Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (State Government)
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Ralph Anthony Howard will face James E. Carter, Patrick Arrington, and Thomas Moore in the Democratic primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 72 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Ralph Anthony Howard (D)||4,898|
|Johnny Lee Flowers (D)||3,147|
|Melvin Hugh Lightning (D)||498|
Howard raised $47,199 for his campaign.
In 2010, Howard raised $71,278 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$26,038|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, Howard collected $47,199 in donations.
Below are England's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Trial Lawyers Assoc||$4,500|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$4,000|
Howard has four children.
He is a member of the Disabled American Veterans, Friendship Lodge 228, and Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Anthony + Millican + Howard + House" Anthony Howard News Feed
- Alabama Legislature - Ralph Anthony Howard
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Democratic primary results and runoff candidates
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- 2006 election results, Alabama
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Howard
|Alabama House District 72
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|