|Florida House of Representatives District 29|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Due to Florida term limits, Poppell could not run for re-election in the Florida House of Representatives elections of 2010.
Poppell has served as owner of Float-On Boat Trailers from 1985-2000, and Poppell Groves from 1971-1997.
He is a member of many organizations, including the Citrus Advisory Committee of the American Farm Bureau, Binational Agricultural Research and Development Association, Florida Citrus Production Manager's Association, Florida Farm Bureau Federation, and the Indian River Citrus League.
Poppell did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee
- Full Appropriations Council on Education & Economic Development
- Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Health Care
- General Government Policy Council
- Natural Resources Appropriations Committee (Chair)
- Select Committee on Seminole Indian Compact Review
Poppell's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1135 - "Contracts: Provides disclosure requirements for contracts for goods or services."
- HB 5121 - "Environmental Protection: Authorizes use of specified proceeds from excise tax on documents for certain debt service obligations; removes provisions authorizing distribution of proceeds from excise tax on documents to Water Protection & Sustainability Program Trust Fund within DEP & Marine Resources Conservation Trust Fund"
- HB 7059 - "Trust Funds/Re-creation/Water Protection Sustainability Program Trust Fund/DEP: Re-creates Water Protection and Sustainability Program Trust Fund within DEP without modification; repeals provisions relating to termination of trust fund."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On November 4, 2008, Poppell won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 29th District, defeating Wes McCarville (D). Poppell received 41,840 votes in the election while McCarville received 29,598 votes. Poppell raised $168,843 for his campaign; McCarville raised $11,478.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 29|
|Ralph Poppell (R)||41,840||58.6%|
|Wes McCarville (D)||29,598||41.4%|
Below are Poppell's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Associated Builders & Contractors East Coast Chapter||$2,500|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$2,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,500|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Ralph Poppell
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
|Florida House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |