For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House of Representatives District 29|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Poppell's professional experience includes owning Float-On Boat Trailers from 1985 to 2000 and Poppell Groves from 1971 to 1997.
He is a member of many organizations, including the Citrus Advisory Committee of the American Farm Bureau, Binational Agricultural Research and Development Association, Florida Citrus Production Manager's Association, Florida Farm Bureau Federation and the Indian River Citrus League.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee
- Full Appropriations Council on Education & Economic Development
- Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Healthcare
- General Government Policy Council
- Natural Resources Appropriations Committee (Chair)
- Select Committee on Seminole Indian Compact Review
Poppell did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Poppell's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1135 - "Contracts: Provides disclosure requirements for contracts for goods or services."
- HB 5121 - "Environmental Protection: Authorizes use of specified proceeds from excise tax on documents for certain debt service obligations; removes provisions authorizing distribution of proceeds from excise tax on documents to Water Protection & Sustainability Program Trust Fund within DEP & Marine Resources Conservation Trust Fund"
- HB 7059 - "Trust Funds/Re-creation/Water Protection Sustainability Program Trust Fund/DEP: Re-creates Water Protection and Sustainability Program Trust Fund within DEP without modification; repeals provisions relating to termination of trust fund."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On November 4, 2008, Poppell won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 29th District, defeating Wes McCarville (D). Poppell received 41,840 votes in the election while McCarville received 29,598 votes. Poppell raised $168,843 for his campaign; McCarville raised $11,478.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 29|
|Ralph Poppell (R)||41,840||58.6%|
|Wes McCarville (D)||29,598||41.4%|
Below are Poppell's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Associated Builders & Contractors East Coast Chapter||$2,500|
|FL Hospital Assoc||$2,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ralph + Poppell + Florida + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Ralph Poppell
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2000
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 30, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 30, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed December 30, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |