|U.S. Senate, Oklahoma|
|Oklahoma Senate District 34|
|Profession||Air Conditioner Wholesaler|
From 2002 to 2010, Brogdon was a Republican member of the Oklahoma State Senate, representing the 34th District. In 2010, he was term-limited. He sought the Republican nomination for governor, but lost to Mary Fallin in the primary. Brogdon studied Air Conditioning at Oklahoma State University School of Technology, Okmulgee campus, in the early 1970's. During his time as senator, Brogdon also worked as an air conditioner wholesaler for Hardin Geo-Technologies.
The following were Brogdons's final committee assignments prior to his retirement:
- Business and Labor
- Energy and Environment, Vice Chair
- See also: Oklahoma gubernatorial election, 2014 and United States Senate special election in Oklahoma, 2014
Brogdon briefly ran for election to the office of Governor of Oklahoma. He withdrew in late February 2014, in order to run for US Senate. The general election takes place November 4, 2014. Brogdon announced his Senate campaign on March 3, 2014.
Brogan could not seek re-election due to term limits. He sought the Republican nomination for governor, but lost to Mary Fallin in the primary.
|2010 Race for Governor - Republican Primary|
|Randy Brogdon (R)||39.42%|
|Mary Fallin (R)||54.79%|
|Robert Hubbard (R)||3.26%|
|Roger L. Jackson (R)||2.53%|
On November 7, 2006, Brogdon was elected to Oklahoma Senate District 34.
Brogdon raised $84,425 for his campaign.
|Oklahoma Senate District 34|
|RANDY BROGDON (R)||11,846|
|JAMES S. WARD (D)||7,688|
Brogdon was the sponsor of Oklahoma State Question 750 (2010).
Below are Brogdon's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election (Brogdon was not up for election in 2008):
|Oklahoma Republican Senatorial Committee||$5,000|
|Howard S. & Andrea M. Rich||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association||$4,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Randy + Brogdon + Oklahoma + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of Oklahoma
- Mary Fallin
- Oklahoma gubernatorial election, 2014
- Oklahoma gubernatorial election, 2010
- Campaign contributions:2002, 2004, 2006
- Brogdon for Senate campaign website
- Senator Brogan's LinkedIn
- Senator Brogdon's facebook
- Brogdon's Twitter
- Randy Brodgon for Oklahoma Governor 2014 Official campaign website
- Randy Brogdon for Senate, "Brogdon Seeks Senate Seat, McConnell’s Removal," accessed March 19, 2014
- Tulsa World, "Randy Brogdon to make another run for governor," December 30, 2013
- NewsOK, "Randy Brogdon dissolves Oklahoma gubernatorial race corporation," February 20, 2014
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results," July 27, 2010
- "Oklahoma State Senate official election results for 2006"
- Follow the Money's report on 2006 campaign contributions
|Oklahoma State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|
Rick Brinkley (R)