|North Dakota Public Service Commission|
|January 15, 2013-present|
|Years in position||0|
|Predecessor||Tony Clark (R)|
|Assistant Majority Leader, North Dakota State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|North Dakota State Senate District 33|
|Bachelor's||North Dakota State University, 1982|
|Service/branch||North Dakota National Guard|
|Years of service||1977-1983|
|Birthday||June 16, 1960|
|Place of birth||Hazen, ND|
Christmann has worked as a Truck Driver, Rancher, and Sign Manager. He was also in the North Dakota National Guard from 1977 to 1983. He is currently Director for West River Telecommunications.
- BS, Business Administration, North Dakota State University, 1982
North Dakota Public Service Commission (2013-present)
Christmann has served as a member of the North Dakota Public Service Commission since 2013.
North Dakota State Senate (1995-2013)
Christmann represented District 33 in the North Dakota State Senate from 1995 to 2013.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Christmann served on this committee:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Christmann served on this committee:
Christmann won election to the North Dakota Public Service Commission in 2012. He was unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Brad Crabtree (D) and Joshua Voytek (L) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota Public Service Commission General Election, 2012|
|Election Results via North Dakota Secretary of State.|
|North Dakota Senate General Election, District 33 (2010)|
|Randel Christmann (R)||5,153||97.48%|
On November 7, 2006, Christmann was re-elected to the 33rd District Seat in the North Dakota State Senate, besting John Mahoney (D).  Christmann raised $10,250 for his campaign, while Mahoney raised $6,900. 
|North Dakota Senate, District 33 (2008)|
|Randel Christmann (R)||3,349|
|John Mahoney (D)||2,522|
Comprehensive donor information for Christmann is available dating back to 1998. Based on available campaign finance records, Christmann raised a total of $240,583 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
Christmann won election to the position of North Dakota Public Service Commission in 2012. During that election cycle, Christmann raised a total of $214,883.
|North Dakota Public Service Commission 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Randel Christmann's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Association of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$19,500|
|Lignite Energy Council||$18,000|
|North Dakota Republican Party||$17,000|
|North Dakota Farm Bureau||$8,000|
|North Dakota Petroleum Council||$7,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$214,883|
|Total Votes received in 2012||164,591|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.31|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Christmann received $5,475 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Randel Christmann's campaign in 2010|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$1,750|
|North Dakota Chiropractic Association||$500|
|Basin Electric Power Cooperative||$500|
|North Dakota Association Of Rural Electric Cooperatives||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,475|
In 2006, Christmann collected $10,250 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|NORTH DAKOTA REPUBLICAN SENATE CAUCUS||$2,000|
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$1,700|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF TELEPHONE COOPERATIVES||$1,400|
Christmann has a wife, Bethanie.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Randel + Christmann + North + Dakota"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from the North Dakota State Senate website
- Legislative profile Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012 (PSC),2012 (Senate), 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 North Dakota Secretary of State, "Unofficial results, primary election," accessed June 12, 2012
- ↑ Wisconsin Rapids Tribune, "Christmann the GOP pick for ND PSC," March 31, 2012
- ↑ Bismark Tribune "General Election Results" Accessed November 6, 2012
- ↑ North Dakota candidate list
- ↑ 2010 North Dakota Primary Election Results
- ↑ North Dakota 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2006 election results, North Dakota Senate
- ↑ North Dakota Senate spending, 2006
- ↑ Follow the Money, " Career fundraising for Randel Christmann," accessed May 20, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributions
|North Dakota State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|
Jessica K. Unruh (R)
Tony Clark (R)
|North Dakota Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|