|Alabama House of Representatives District 96|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi, 1974|
|Master's||University of Southern Mississippi, 1976|
|Other||Ed/Sp, Alabama State University, 1998|
|Birthday||July 14, 1952|
|Place of birth||Mobile, AL|
Davis is an assistant professor of Music at the University of Mobile, and resident conductor of the Baldwin County Pops Band. He has previously worked as public relations coordinator for the Baldwin County School System, supervisor and teacher for Mobile County School System and a salesman with the Princeton Industries Corporation.
Davis served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Petroleum and Waterways
- Subcommittee on Sporting Issues, Vice Chair
- Baldwin County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Constitution, Campaigns and Elections Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Internal Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
Davis did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Randy Davis was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Davis was running for the U.S. House representing the 1st Congressional District of Alabama. The election is being held to replace Jo Bonner, who announced his resignation on May 23, 2013, in order to take a position as vice chancellor of government and economic development at the University of Alabama.
Davis won re-election to the 96th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Davis raised $63,739 for his campaign.
In 2010, Davis raised $66,267 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Davis, Randall M||$5,267|
|Republicans For The Future||$2,500|
In 2006, Davis collected $63,739 in donations.
Below are Davis's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$3,000|
|Business Council of AL||$2,500|
|Sound Economy PAC||$2,000|
Davis and his wife, Martha, have one child.
Davis is a member of the Baldwin Pops, Chiasaw United Methodist church, Mobile Opera, and Mobile Symphony. He is on the board of the Boys and Girls Club, Bounds Young Men's Christian Association, Daphne/Spanish Fort Rotary and the United States Sports Academy.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of December 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Randy + Davis + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Randy Davis
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Davis Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- ABC News, "Rep. Davis out of race in Alabama's 1s District" accessed August 6, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Announces Alabama Leadership Team," March 12, 2012 (dead link)
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Davis
|Alabama House District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|