|U.S. House, California, District 5|
|High school||Washington-Lee High School|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1966 - 1973|
|Profession||Tax and financial planning businessowner|
- Washington-Lee High School, Arlington, Virginia
- US Military Academy at West Point, Class of 1966
- Butler University, Indianapolis, Indiana, B.S. in Business Administration
- 1966 - 1973: Commissioned as 2nd Lieutenant, served as a finance officer including a year in Vietnam with the 1st Brigade, 101st Airborne and the 5th Special Forces Group
- Loftin concluded his military service as a Finance and Accounting Officer at the US Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania
Loftin's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Jobs created in the public section are unsustainable and will not lead to an economic recovery. However, jobs created in the PRIVATE sector will lead to the only real economic upturn possible."
- Size of Government
- Excerpt: "The federal government, by any measure, historical or otherwise, is way too big. It costs too much money to run it. It has taken on powers not enumerated in the constitution. It encroaches way too much into the personal lives of the citizens. It takes, involuntarily, too much of the wealth produced by the people. It does this thru threat of force."
- Failed Leadership
- Excerpt: "What is leadership? To me it is the ability to inspire, the ability to set a clear path, the ability to discern the difference between the "greater good" and the sanctity of individual freedom."
Loftin ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 5th District. He and District 1 incumbent Mike Thompson (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Stewart Cilley (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Thompson won.
|U.S. House, California District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mike Thompson Incumbent||74.5%||202,872|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California's 5th Congressional District, 2012 - Randy Loftin Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,811,426|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,617,251|
|Top contributors to Randy Loftin's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Crop Production & Basic Processing||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Randy + Loftin + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Loftin for Congress, "Meet Loftin" accessed May 20, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012