|South Carolina Public Service Commissioner|
|July 1, 1998-June 30, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||South Carolina General Assembly|
|High school||Hollywood High School (1968)|
|Bachelor's||Lander University (1972)|
|Associate's||Spartanburg Methodist College (1970)|
|Place of birth||Newberry, SC|
Mitchell served as Vice Chairman on the Saluda County Council from 1981 to 1987, was appointed Probate Judge and served from 1987 to 1988 and was elected as the Saluda County Probate Judge and served from 1988 to 1998.
- 1968: Hollywood High School
- 1970: A.A. in general studies from Spartanburg Methodist College
- 1972: B.S. in Physical Education, with an English minor from Lander University
Public Service Commission (1998-2013)
Mitchell was a member of the public service commission from 1998-2013. He was first appointed to the commission on July 1, 1998. Mitchell was elected as vice chairman on July 11, 2012. He became chairman following the resignation of David Wright on May 31, 2013. His final term expired on June 20, 2012. Due to redistricting, Mitchell's term has been extended until the General Assembly elections were held in 2013. He served until June 30, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Randy + Mitchell + South + Carolina"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mark Richt, the Carousel, and the Difficult-to-Define 'It' Factor - Grantland (blog)
- T.L. Hanna belles to grace 'Mistletoe Ball' - Anderson Independent Mail
- An In-Depth Look at how the Panthers Beat the Dolphins - Cat Scratch Reader
- Terps still trying to find some consistency - CapitalGazette.com
- Florida's Muschamp Safe Into 2014, But On Hottest Seat - Saturday Blitz
- NCAA Football / FCS playoffs - TheDay.com
- Cardinal, Blue and Gold Clash - Stanford Athletics Official Site
- LeafsBeat: Olympic goalies, McClement for Selke and Frazer McLaren on fighting - Toronto Star
- Scoreboard: Nov. 24 - Lexington Herald Leader
- Watch Out for Gronk - Valley News
|South Carolina Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|
Comer H. "Randy" Randall