For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 30|
|January 12, 2015 - present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Powell served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Energy and Environment|
Powell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Protect Kansas Families from High Taxes
- Excerpt: "Say “no” to tax increases so businesses and families can invest in their own futures. Growing the economy is the best way to keep property taxes in check."
- Ensure a High Quality Education for Children
- Excerpt: "Improve the quality of education by increasing local control of schools and getting more money directly into the classroom, while expanding opportunities for all children."
- Keep Spending in Check
- Excerpt: "Find efficiencies and improve budget processes to limit the growth of government. Fight federal government mandates such as Obamacare that can cost our state millions."
- Preserve Traditional Values and Protect Life
- Excerpt: "I’ll preserve and enhance pro-life protections, while defending Kansas Values at every turn, including 2nd amendment rights."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Liz Dickinson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Randy Powell defeated Ron Worley in the Republican primary. Powell defeated Dickinson in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 30, General Election, 2014|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 30 Republican Primary, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Randy + Powell + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Lists," accessed June 25, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed June 26, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
Lance Kinzer (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |