Harry R. Ramey, Jr.
|Harry R. Ramey, Jr.|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 55|
|July 29, 2005-2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Appointed||July 29, 2005|
|Chairman, Wayne Township Republican Organization|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1985|
|Date of birth||March 17, 1962|
|Place of birth||Springfield, IL|
Ramey worked as an Outreach Representative for the Illinois Secretary of State from 1992-2005, Kitchen Manager at Cody Coyote's Restaurant, Chef at Kathleen's Restaurant, and Manager for Ground Round Restaurants.
He is a Committeeman with the Wayne Township Republican Organization, serving as Chairman from 2004-2006, and a Trustee from 1999-2006.
He is a member of the Du Cap Board, Masons, Medinah Shrine, Scottish Rite, 3rd Degree Master Mason, and the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ramey served on the following committees:
- Counties & Townships, Ranking Minority Member
- State Government Administration, Ranking Minority Member
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ramey served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-General Service
- Consumer Protection
- Counties & Townships (Ranking Minority Member)
- Health & Healthcare Disparities
- State Government Administration
- Subcommittee on Minority Procurement
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Ramey was targeted for defeat by Family-Pac.
Ramey won re-election to the 55th District seat against Democrat Gregory C. Brownfield. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 55 (2010)|
|Harry R. Ramey, Jr. (R)||19,604||62.36%|
|Gregory Brownfield (D)||11,833||37.64%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Harry Ramey won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 55 receiving 24,206 votes, ahead of Democrat Broc Montgomery (19,231 votes), and Daniel Kairis (Green) who received 2,108 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 55 (2008)|
|Harry Ramey (R)||24,206|
|Broc Montgomery (D)||19,231|
|Daniel Kairis (G)||2,108|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 55 (2006)|
|Harry Ramey (D)||22,180|
In 2010, Ramey collected $121,762 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Harry R. Ramey, Jr.'s campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Education Association||$21,000|
|Wayne Township Republican Organization||$5,300|
|Public Payphones Inc||$5,000|
|James Pate Philip Campaign Fund||$3,900|
|Total Raised in 2010||$121,762|
In 2008, Ramey collected $90,912 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Public Payphones Inc.||$2,900|
|Illinois Education Association||$2,500|
|Janice & Brian Doherty||$2,500|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Ramey received a score of 57.14 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of D according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 50th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Harry + Ramey + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Randy Ramey Official Website
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Harry R. Ramey, Jr. (R) 55th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ramey
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Family-Pac, "Endorsements," accessed June 22, 2012
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results," November 2, 2010 (dead link)
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results," November 2, 2010
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008," November 4, 2008
- Illinois Elections Division, "Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- Ramey Campaign Donors
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- Illinois Opportunity Project, "Legislative Vote Card home page," accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 55
| Succeeded by|
Martin J. Moylan (D)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |