Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas State Senate, District 31|
Rives' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"While serving on the Ector County School Board, Randy worked to give teachers a raise and approve a multimillion dollar project to improve technology without raising taxes."
- Excerpt:"Randy believes funding should be used in the classroom to teach kids skills needed to be competitive in the job marketplace with focus on back-to-basics math, phonics, grammar, spelling, writing, and science. He believes in the accuracy of U.S. History that honors our American founders' traditions and values."
- Excerpt:"The oil industry has been instrumental in creating jobs and stimulating our sluggish economy. Randy will work to prevent excessive regulations on the oil industry so that Texas can continue to enjoy our resources and a thriving economy."
- Excerpt:"Randy supports the Arizona bill passed as their effort to crack down on illegal immigration. Randy would support similar legislation inTexas. Randy supports immigrants who come to America and applauds their effort to improve their quality of life, but believes illegal immigration imposes a significant and unfair drain on taxpayers due to the financial demand placed on our legal citizens who contribute in having to provide free services such as health care, education, and other government services for those who are here illegally."
- Excerpt:"Randy supports the citizen’s right to bear arms and supports “Conceal and Carry” legislation for college campuses."
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
|Texas State Senate District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Kel Seliger Incumbent||75.9%||49,966|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Randy + Rives + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Failed to load RSS feed from http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Randy+Rives+Texas+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 503 Service Unavailable