|Alabama House of Representatives District 36|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Commissioner, Calhoun County|
|Service/branch||Alabama National Guard|
|Birthday||March 25, 1947|
|Place of birth||Tift County, GA|
Wood is the owner of Wood's Auto Body Shop. He previously served as a commissioner in Calhoun County from 1998-2002 and in the Alabama National Guard.
Wood served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Campaigns and Elections
- Subcommittee on Constitutional Issues, Chair
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations, Chair
Wood did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Randy Wood is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 36 General Election (2010)|
|Randy Wood (R)||10,612|
|Garry Bearden (D)||3,301|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 36 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Randy Wood (R)||4,411|
|Beverly Owen Barber (R)||2,617|
Wood raised $122,625 for his campaign.
In 2010, Wood raised $138,450 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$7,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$3,510|
Below are Wood's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$1,500|
|AL Industry & Manufacturers||$1,000|
|AL Pharmacy Assoc||$1,000|
In 2006, Wood raised $122,625 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Richard T. and Christy P. Hardin Jr.||$5,000|
|Alabama Association of Home Health Agencies||$3,000|
In 2010, Wood's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Wood and his wife, Linda, have one child.
Wood is a member of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #4, Saks Civitan Club, and Weaver Lions Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Randy + Wood + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Randy Wood
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Wood Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama GOP primary results
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Randy Wood
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
- Mitt Romney Central, "Alabama Leaders Support Mitt Romney," October 21, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Wood
|Alabama House District 36
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|