|Alabama House of Representatives District 36|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Commissioner, Calhoun County|
|Service/branch||Alabama National Guard|
|Date of birth||March 25, 1947|
|Place of birth||Tift County, GA|
Wood is the owner of Wood's Auto Body Shop. He previously served as a commissioner in Calhoun County from 1998-2002 and in the Alabama National Guard.
Wood served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Campaigns and Elections
- Subcommittee on Constitutional Issues, Chair
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations, Chair
Wood did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Randy Wood was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 36 General Election (2010)|
|Randy Wood (R)||10,612|
|Garry Bearden (D)||3,301|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 36 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Randy Wood (R)||4,411|
|Beverly Owen Barber (R)||2,617|
Wood raised $122,625 for his campaign.
In 2010, Wood raised $138,450 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$7,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$3,510|
Below are Wood's top 5 campaign contributors in 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$1,500|
|AL Industry & Manufacturers||$1,000|
|AL Pharmacy Assoc||$1,000|
In 2006, Wood raised $122,625 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Richard T. and Christy P. Hardin Jr.||$5,000|
|Alabama Association of Home Health Agencies||$3,000|
In 2010, Wood's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Wood and his wife, Linda, have one child.
Wood is a member of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #4, Saks Civitan Club, and Weaver Lions Club.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of January 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Randy + Wood + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Randy Wood
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Wood Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014 (dead link)
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
- 2006 contributions to Randy Wood
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- Mitt Romney Central, "Alabama Leaders Support Mitt Romney," October 21, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Wood
|Alabama House District 36
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|