|Board Member, Eden Prairie School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November, 2009|
|Next general||November, 2017|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Master's||University of St. Thomas|
Ranee Jacobus resides in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Jacobus earned her B.A. in Business from the University of Northern Iowa and her M.B.A. in Finance from the University of St. Thomas, and she is currently a licensed real estate agent in the state of Minnesota. She spent 14 years in the corporate banking sector, most recently as the vice president of trust services at Wells Fargo in 1997. Jacobus has also taught night classes for the Minnesota Banking Association.
- See also: Eden Prairie Schools elections (2013)
|Eden Prairie Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Ranee Jacobus Incumbent||23%||3,920|
|Source: Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Results for Selected Contests in School District No. 272 - Eden Prairie," accessed December 18, 2013|
Jacobus reported $0.00 in contributions and $600.00 in expenditures to the district office, which left her campaign with $600.00 in debt.
Ranee Jacobus did not receive any official endorsements for her campaign.
Jacobus's campaign website listed the following campaign themes for 2013:
Being an Effective Leader Under Policy Governance
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
There were three seats on the school board up for election on November 5, 2013. Incumbent board Chair Ranee Jacobus sought re-election, while fellow incumbents Suzanne Kutina and Chuck Mueller did not file for re-election. Jacobus competed with newcomers Holly Link, Elaine Larabee, Tim Laurie and Murshid Barud for the three seats.
About the district
- See also: Eden Prairie Schools, Minnesota
Eden Prairie outperformed the rest of Minnesota in terms of its median rates of average household income, poverty rate and higher education achievement in 2011. The median household income in Eden Prairie was $91,711 compared to $58,476 for the state of Minnesota. The poverty rate in Eden Prairie was 5.3% compared to 11.0% for the entire state. The United States Census Bureau also found that 60.5% of Eden Prairie residents aged 25 years and older attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 31.8% in Minnesota.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ranee + Jacobus + Eden + Prairie + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ranee Jacobus - Your Voice for School Board, "About Ranee," accessed October 21, 2013 (timed out)
- Information received in an email to Ballotpedia from district election clerk Laurie Hemstock on February 13, 2014
- Ranee Jacobus - Your Voice for School Board, "Platform," accessed October 21, 2013 (timed out)
- United States Census Bureau, "Hennepin County, Minnesota," accessed October 14, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Eden Prairie (city), Minnesota," accessed October 14, 2013
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Election Results and Statistics," accessed October 14, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.