|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 91|
|January 14, 2014 - Present|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 21, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Tennessee House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 7, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Raumesh Akbari is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Samuel Watkins will face Orrden Williams, Jr. in the Republican primary.
Akbari won election in a special election for Tennessee House of Representatives District 91. The seat was vacant following Rep. Lois DeBerry (D)'s death on July 29, 2013, from pancreatic cancer. Akbari defeated Kemba Ford, Dwight DeBerry, Doris A. DeBerry-Bradshaw, Joshua R. Forbes, Terica Lamb, Clifford Lewis and Kermit Moore in the Democratic primary on October 8. Akbari defeated Jim Tomasik (L) in the special election, which took place on November 21.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Raumesh + Akbari + Tennessee + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- memphisdailynews.com, "11 File For State House District 91 Special Election," August 30, 2013
- shelbyvote.com, "Certified Candidate List," accessed September 6, 2013
- memphisdailynews.com, "Akbari Wins Democratic State House Primary," October 9, 2013
- memphisdailynews.com, "'No' Pre-K Votes and Akbari Take Early Voting," November 22, 2013
Lois DeBerry (D)
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 91
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |