|Arizona House of Representatives District 7|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Barnes previously worked as a private investigator & owner of the Eyes and Ears Detective Agency, self-employed independent contractor, technical writer for the Intel Corporation, and a Christian missionary in the Republic of Haiti.
He is a member of the Carefree Kiwanis Club, National Rifle Association, and Scottsdale Worship Center.
Barnes' answers to the Arizona State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked his legislative priorities he replied:
- 1. SECURE THE BORDER. No anti illegal immigration legislation will have any effect if implemented before the border is secure. To prove this point, suppose that the border is not closed and illegal aliens, caught that day, are deported. That same night, because the border is porous, more illegals come back in than were deported.
- 2. LOWER STATE TAXES This stimulates the economy
- 3. FIGHT DRUG ADDICTION We lose a generation if we fail.
- Environment Committee, Arizona House of Representatives (Chair)
- Military Affairs and Public Safety Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Barnes's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2048 - local elections; signature requirements
- HB 2400 - partial-birth abortions; definition
- HB 2439 - concealed weapons permit; safety course
- HB 2520 - salvia divinorum; unlawful acts
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
Barnes was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arizona House of Representatives.
Barnes raised $24,372 for the campaign, Barto raised $34,730, Lunn raised $38,094, and Iannuzo raised $401.
|Arizona State House, District 7 (2008)|
|Ray Barnes (R)||40,471|
|Nancy Barto (R)||46,854|
|Jeanne Lunn (D)||31,753|
|James Iannuzo (Lib)||8,966|
Below are Barnes's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Salt River Valley Water Users Assoc||$1,500|
|AZ Cattlemens Assoc||$500|
|Associated Highway Patrolmen of AZ||$500|
|Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce||$500|
- Ray Barnes' campaign website
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Ray Barnes
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|Arizona State House District 7
| Succeeded by|