|Montana House of Representatives, District 40|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Place of birth||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
It is absolutely essential that government be adequately funded; however, I believe that tax revenues should be used with utmost discretion and that every effort should be made to keep the tax burden as low as possible.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Edith Sloan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 45 incumbent Tom Berry defeated Ray Gorham in the Republican primary. Berry defeated Sloan in the general election. Incumbent Bill McChesney (D) ran for District 19 of the Montana State Senate.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 40 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Tom Berry Incumbent||77.3%||3,006|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 40 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Tom Berry Incumbent||60.2%||1,252|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ray + Gorham + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives District 40
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |