|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Person County Commissioner|
Jeffers has served as Person County Commissioner since 2008. He currently serves as the President of NC Association of County Commissioners.
Jeffers attended Person County Schools and went on to attend Piedmont Community College (PCC) and North Carolina Agriculture & Technical Sate University (A&T).
On Jeffers's campaign website, he says that, "as Chairman of the National Association of Counties Rural Action Caucus, he understands the needs of the two rural counties with respect for the need of infrastructure, broadband, job growth, support of the substantial Agricultural community and how they correlate with strong Legislative support. With every decision made, he will always put the citizens first and work hard to improve and promote Person and Granville counties."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Larry Yarborough defeated Sandra Hendrick Berry and Jon Gregory Bass in the Republican primary, while Ray Jeffers defeated Brent Groce and Dalton Huff in the Democratic primary. Jeffers and Yarborough will face off in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Sandra Hendrick Berry||18.4%||483|
|Jon Gregory Bass||14.8%||388|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Jeffers' endorsements include the following:
- State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ray + Jeffers + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 2
- Official campaign website
- Ray Jeffers on Facebook
- Ray Jeffers on Twitter
- Ray Jeffers on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "About," accessed April 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Press," accessed April 17, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |