|Arkansas State Senate, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 14, 2014|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 76|
Kidd served in the Arkansas House of Representatives, representing District 76 from 2005 to 2011. He served as the Assistant Speaker Pro Tempore during his final term.
Kidd's professional experience includes working as an antiques dealer.
During the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kidd served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• City, County and Local Affairs|
|• Public Transportation|
Kidd's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1013 - "PAUL'S LAW: TO PROHIBIT DRIVERS OF MOTOR VEHICLES FROM USING HANDHELD WIRELESS TELEPHONES TO ENGAGE IN TEXT MESSAGING."
- HB 1649 - "TO CREATE THE PRIVATE PROPERTY PROTECTION ACT TO ENHANCE THE PENALTIES FOR THEFT OF CERTAIN PROPERTY IN AN AREA DECLARED TO BE UNDER A STATE OF EMERGENCY BY THE GOVERNOR."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Kidd ran in the special election for Arkansas State Senate District 21. The seat was vacant following Paul Bookout's (D) resignation on August 21 after he was fined $8,000 by the Arkansas Ethics Commission for spending campaign funds on personal items. Kidd was defeated in the October 8, 2013, Democratic primary.
Kidd was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Kidd raised $23,524 for his campaign.
Below are Kidd's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$1,000|
Kidd is a member of the National Rifle Association, Arkansas Boy's Sheriff Runoff, Vice President of the Nettlon Lions Club, member of the Regional Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce, and a supporter of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ray + Kidd + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Celebrity Deaths: Stars We Lost In 2013 - Huffington Post
- Eleanor Parker Dead: 'Sound Of Music' Star Dies Aged 91 - Huffington Post UK
- Milton Olin Jr. Dead: Former Napster COO Fatally Struck By Police Car - Huffington Post
- Eleanor Parker Dead: 'Sound Of Music' Actress Dies At 91 - Huffington Post
- Edouard Molinaro Dead: Famed Director Dies At 85 - Huffington Post
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Production Will See The Light Of Day, Says Director James Wan - Huffington Post
- Kate Williamson Dead: 'Ellen' Actress Dies At 83 - Huffington Post
- Official 'Fast & Furious' Paul Walker Tribute Video Is Heartbreaking - Huffington Post
- Celebrities React To Nelson Mandela's Death On Twitter - Huffington Post
- Celebrities Honor Nelson Mandela On Twitter - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- sos.arkansas.gov, "2013 Special Election - Official candidate list," accessed September 9, 2013
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 sos.arkansas.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed September 9, 2013
- ↑ thenewstribune.com, "Arkansas lawmaker steps down from Senate seat," August 20, 2013
- ↑ arkansasmatters.com, "Gov. Beebe Sets Special Election to Replace Recently Resigned Senator," August 28, 2013
- ↑ therepublic.com, "GOP, Democrats each headed to runoff for Ark. Senate seat in special election," October 8, 2013
- ↑ 2008 general election results, Arkansas
- ↑ Arkansas House spending, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kidd
|Arkansas House District 76
| Succeeded by|