|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Florida, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Netherwood stated in June 2014 that he supports a Term Limit Amendment of three terms for those in Congress. Neither of the major party candidates--Curt Clawson (R) or April Freeman (D)--have weighed in on the issue.
Netherwood said, "A representative government must by default be refreshed and turned over. The careerists in DC who have been on power trips for 20 or 30 years (and some longer) are those who have guided us into the fiscal sinkhole and ethics-free circus that our Nation is in. Sadly, we have a largely apathetic pool of voters who simply keep pulling the lever or filling in the circle for whoever "their party" has on the ballot. Why should local governments be any different? We thank all those who have stood up to serve, but turnover for new and different ideas, for fresh blood, must become a reality to save the Republic and keep municipalities vibrant."
Netherwood ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 19th District. Netherwood ran as a Libertarian candidate. He was defeated by incumbent Curt Clawson (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Florida District 19 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Curt Clawson Incumbent||64.6%||159,354|
|Source: Florida Division of Elections|
Netherwood was a candidate in the 2014 special election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 19th District. Netherwood ran as a Libertarian candidate. He was defeated by Curt Clawson in the special general election on June 24, 2014.
Candidates for Congress were required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Netherwood's reports.
|Ray Netherwood (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2014||$0||$151,000||$(11,806)||$3,293|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2014||$3,293||$10,047||$(587)||$12,753|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$12,753||$0||$(24)||$12,729|
|Pre-Special||April 4, 2014||$12,729||$2,094||$(16,030)||$-1,206|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ray + Netherwood + Florida + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 19th Congressional District special election, 2014
- Florida's 19th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 19th Congressional District
- Florida Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed February 19, 2014
- Associated Press, "Special General Election," accessed June 24, 2014
- Florida Election Division, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed November 19, 2013
- Examiner, "Term limits enter fray in Florida's Congressional District 19 race," accessed June 4, 2014
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 24, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pre-Special," accessed April 28, 2014
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |