Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Florida House of Representatives District 4|
|2002 - 2010|
|Resigned office February 21, 2010|
Sansom has worked as an Economic Development Representative in the Northwest Florida Region for the Alabama Electric Cooperative, and as Director of the Community Affairs Department, Okaloosa County School District.
He is a member of the American Heart Association, Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, University of West Florida, and the Young Men's Christian Association Corporate Board.
Sansom did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Sansom's sponsored legislation included:
- HR 9009 - "University of Florida National Football Champions: Congratulates University of Florida Football Team for winning 2009 Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game, university's third national football title."
- HR 9035 - "Myron Rolle: Congratulates Myron Rolle for outstanding achievements & selection as Rhodes Scholar."
- HR 9075 - "Bay of Pigs Memorial Day: Designates April 17 as "Bay of Pigs Memorial Day" in Florida & commends Bay of Pigs Museum & Library of 2506 Assault Brigade for its excellent work in preserving photos & memorabilia of history of Bay of Pigs Invasion."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Below are Sansom's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Hospital Assoc||$1,500|
|FL Police Benevolent Assoc||$1,500|
|Crystal Beach Development||$1,000|
|FL Retail Federation||$1,000|
|FL State Correctional Officers||$1,000|
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Ray Sansom
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Florida House Of Representatives District 4
2002-February 21, 2010
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |