|New York State Assembly District 146|
|2012 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$171/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly District 148|
|Bachelor's||University of New York College at Geneseo|
|J.D.||State University of New York School of Law at Buffalo|
He previously represented District 148 in the Assembly from 2012 to 2013.
Walter earned his B.A. in History from the University of New York College at Geneseo in 1994 and his J.D. from State University of New York School of Law at Buffalo in 2007. His professional experience includes working as an attorney at Magavern Magavern Grimm LLP, as a research assistant at the Erie County Charter Revision Commission, and as a law clerk at the Erie County District Attorneys Office.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Walter served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Walter ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 146. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated Joanne A. Schultz in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 146, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Raymond Walter Incumbent||54.2%||30,393|
|Democratic||Joanne A. Schultz||45.8%||25,711|
Comprehensive donor information for Raymond Walter is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Raymond Walter raised a total of $54,073 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Raymond Walter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 146||$54,073|
|2011||New York State Assembly special elections, District 148||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$54,073|
2012Raymond Walter won re-election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Raymond Walter raised a total of $54,073.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Raymond Walter's campaign in 2012|
|Dandrea, Daniel P||$3,200|
|National Fuel Gas||$2,349|
|Rent Stabilization Association||$2,000|
|Spoth, Donald F||$2,000|
|Erie County Republican Cmte||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,073|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Walter and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Raymond + Walter + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Medical Marijuana Debate in WNY - WKBW-TV
- Medical marijuana hearing draws impassioned arguments - WBFO
- Future general managers, Seattle Seahawks' depth and more - NFL.com
- World Cup 2014: 10 Biggest Group Stage Upsets in History - Bleacher Report
- Parents, Teachers, Administrators and Assembly Members Come Together to ... - WBTA
- A look back at Main Line retail history - Main Line
- Playboy Magazine Celebrates 60 Years of Stunning Pictorials and Journalistic ... - WSHM-TV
- This Day, December 5, In Jewish History by Mitchell A. Levin - Cleveland Jewish News (blog)
- Theater to See in L.A. This Week, Including a Magic Horror Show - LA Weekly (blog)
- Dick Cheney Gets Top Honors as Federal Law Enforcement Foundation Holds ... - Niagarafallsreporter.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2011
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Walter
- ↑ State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ↑ ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- ↑ Buffalo YNN, "Assemblyman Jim Hayes resigns, effective September 6th," August 22, 2011
- ↑ WBEN, "NYS Assembly: GOP's Walter Beats Dem Bucki by Slim Margin," November 9, 2011
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Walter, Raymond" Accessed September 25, 2013
Kevin Smardz (R)
|New York Assembly District 146
| Succeeded by|
James Hayes (R)
|New York Assembly District 148
| Succeeded by|
Joseph Giglio (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |