|Glossary of terms|
|Edit review process|
There are three aspects to this test: performing research on the wikis, performing research on the internet, and adding information to an established page. Upon completion of each element, add them to the section of this page called "Results." This test is timed; plan to spend approximately one hour on it in total. Note your start and finish times in the section below.
Before beginning the test you must register with Ballotpedia. Please create a user account for yourself following this naming pattern: First name, month, day. For example: Sara0317, or use the name provided to you.
Note your start and finish times here.
Start time: 5:32 pm
End time: 7:23 pm
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format. Please use pages on the wiki to find your answers.
- How many statewide measures were on the 2008 South Dakota ballot?
- How many states have a Lieutenant Governor? Which states do not?
- Who are the members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee?
- How many measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998? Which (if any) were approved?
- Who is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives?
Answer the questions below. Provide citations to your answers in proper wiki citation format.
- Who is on the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI? When were they elected?
- What was the decision in the case of California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court in California?
- Who sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 session? What did the bill do? What is it's current status?
For the final portion of the test you must add a vote results box to either a state ballot measures or state legislative page. Vote results boxes require important wiki skills including research, proper citations, and working with templates. Guidelines for adding one to a page can be found here - state measure guidelines. Select one of the measures below, and add an "election results" section and vote results box, then link to the section you added in the "Results" section indicated below. After completing the section
cross the link you used out on this list.
In this section, add a link to the sub-section of the complex page you edited. Also write your answers to the research questions here in a bullet-pointed list.
- Election Results,Ohio School Funds, Issue 1 (May 1968)
- Eight statewide measures appeared on the 2008 South Dakota ballot.
- Forty-four out of 50 states have a Lieutenant Governor. Maine, Arizona, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Oregon, and West Virginia do not have Lieutenant Governor positions.
- The members of the Michigan State Senate Redistricting Committee include Joe Hune, Steven Bieda, Rick Jones, Dave Hildenbrand, Jim Marleau, John Moolenaar, John Proos, Bert Johnson, and Virgil Smith.
- Five measures relating to Medical Marijuana were on the ballot in 1998. Of these five measures, four were approved: the Alaska Medical Marijuana Act, the Nevada Medical Marijuana Act, Oregon Ballot Measure 67, and the Washington Medical Marijuana Act.
- Republican Oscar Longoria is the current representative for District 35 in the Texas House of Representatives.
- The members of the City Council for Sun Prairie, WI, are Mayor John Murray, Hariah Hutkowski, Russell Fassbender, Jonathan Freund, Steve Villand, Al Hoffmann, Zachary Weber, Mike Kostelnik, and Mary Polenske. Mayor John Murray was elected in April 2011. Hariah Hutkowski and Jonathan Freund were elected in 2006 and re-elected in 2008, 2010, and 2012. Al Hoffman and Mary Polenske were elected in 2010 and re-elected in 2012. Michael Kostelnik was elected in 2011. Russell Fassbender and Steve Villand were elected in 2007 and re-elected in 2009 and 2011. Zachary Weber was elected in 2004 and re-elected 2007, 2009, and 2011.
- In California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court, the court declared that the California State University, Fresno Association, Inc. is not a public body and, as a result, is not obligated to fulfill public records requests like those submitted by The McClatchy Company, asking for certain donor information from the Association.
- Representative John Dougall sponsored HB 477 in the Utah 2011 Session. This bill limited public access to government records. HB 477 is currently dead after being repealed in March 2011.
- City of Sun Prairie, City Council Members
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Mayor John Murray
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Hariah Hutkowski
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Jonathan Freund
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Al Hoffman
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Mary Polenske
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Mike Kostelnik
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Russell Fassbender
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Steve Villand
- City of Sun Prairie City Council, Zachary Weber
- Sunshine Review, California State University, Fresno Assn., Inc. v. Superior Court
- Utah State Legislature, HB 477
- The Salt Lake Tribune,"Utah lawmakers repeal HB 477"