Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives|
|Profession||CEO/Chairperson, Neutral Posture, Inc.|
Boenigk is the CEO and Chairperson of Neutral Posture, Inc., a company that designs and manufactures ergonomic seating. She has served on the National Women's Business Council and served as president of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association. She has also served as a board member for the C200 Foundation and the Women's Business Enterprise National Council. She is married to her husband, Bobby. They have two children.
Boenigk faced fellow Republicans Bob Yancy and John Raney. She also faced Libertarian Joshua Baker and Democrat Judy Webb LeUnes. Since no candidate received a majority of the vote on November 8, the top two vote getters--Yancy and Raney--proceeded to a runoff election.
Rebecca Boenigk campaign ad.
On her 2011 campaign site, Boenigk discusses her campaign:
- "“Fred Brown is leaving some pretty big shoes to fill in our Texas Capitol, but I know that I have the background and experience needed to hit the ground running and to be a strong, conservative leader for Brazos County in the legislature. I am working hard to earn your vote and support in my race for State Representative. I hope that you will join our campaign team."
- On October 18, candidates for District 14 participated in a debate sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Video of the debate can be found here. (dead link) (See video player in upper right)
- On October 25, candidates for District 14 participated in a second debate sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Audio of the debate can be found here.
- The Eagle, "Boenigk, Yancy clash at District 14 debate," October 25, 2011
- The Eagle, "District 14 candidate Boenigk says government needs to spend smarter," October 20, 2011 (dead link) (Candidate Profile)
- The Eagle, "District 14 field split on school vouchers," October 19, 2011
- The Eagle, "District 14 hopeful Paula Hand out of race over bounced check," October 1, 2011 (dead link)
- ABC 13, "Nov. 8 special election to replace lawmaker Brown," July 21, 2011
- "Rebecca Boenigk for Texas State House of Representatives," Campaign site, Accessed November 1, 2011
- Satellite Spotlight, "District 14 hopeful Paula Hand out of race over bounced check," October 01, 2011
- Texas Secretary of State, Special Election State Representative, District 14, November 8, 2011 (timed out)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |