|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 1|
|Bachelor's||Northern Michigan University|
Thompson has dedicated her career to public service. She has worked for nonprofits involving education and youth development. She currently serves as the Senior Director of Engagement for United Way. She has also been active in community organizations such as the NAACP, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the 13th District Young Democrats and the Michigan Democratic Party.
Thompson submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||As the next State Representative from Michigan's 1st District, my priorities will include investing in education, increasing economic opportunity, and keeping our communities safe.||”|
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Brian Banks defeated six other candidates in the Democratic primary; Rebecca Thompson came in second. John Hauler was unopposed in the Republican primary. Banks defeated Hauler in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 1 General Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rebecca + Thompson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 1
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Rebecca Thompson for State Representative, "Meet Rebecca," accessed June 3, 2014
- Information submitted to Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on June 1, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |