|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Arnold's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Health Care Reform
- Excerpt: "I have the solution to Obamacare. Yes, you read that correctly. Please watch my full length video on your lunch hour or before you go to sleep. This doesn’t require a law to be passed in order to implement this. This is how 80% of Direct Primary Care will be conducted within the next 3-5 years. Please watch."
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
- Excerpt: "One word, growth. Growth is the key to any economy. Most problems in the political arena are solved if Americans have good, secure jobs. We need to bring back jobs that have either moved away or gone overseas. I managed 1000 accounts from Green Bay to Madison to Rockford Ill. to the lake. You can’t take someone to a dance if you don’t ask them. We need someone who will go hunt Moby Dick in a rowboat and bring the tartar sauce with. Someone like me. Energy independence will lead the way to this growth spurt and put America back on top of the world stage both economically and politically. China isn’t kicking our but, we’re parking it on their boot. We need to take a stand, right after we take… something else."
- Excerpt: "America has always had standards. At one point they were the best in the industrialized world. The problem is that we have lowered those standards. Common Core is not the answer. Common Core takes local control away from the school system and the parents. A universal, unchangeable slate designed by people other than actual educators is not going to solve the problem. Even the most complex problems usually have the the simplest of causes. Sometimes the questions are hard and the answers are simple."
- Excerpt: "Gun control, just like prohibition, makes criminals out of law abiding citizens. Guns merely make it easier to commit certain crimes. The world will never be rid of guns, nor violent people. Taking means of defense away from the innocent does not prevent tragedy, if anything it increases it. We have gun laws on the books. Perhaps we should begin enforcing the ones we have before making new ones. A law without a penalty is merely advice. Making good people helpless won’t make bad people harmless."
- Excerpt: "If the entire planet was on board and the technology worked I might consider such a bold move as to “combat” Global Warming but we are nowhere near that precipice. When the automobile first came out we didn’t kill all of our horses. When technology moves forward with alternative energy so will the rest of the world. Doing so prematurely only regulates honest businesses out of existence. Watch the BBC special on Rodinia and you will realize that the planet has been through far worse than us puny humans. Energy independence is an important matter that needs to be addressed. 1 test is worth 1000 expert opinions."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Chris Larson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Red Arnold ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Larson defeated Arnold in the general election.
Arnold ran in the 2013 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 21. The seat was vacant following Mark Honadel's (R) resignation to take a job in the private sector. Arnold was defeated by Jessie Rodriguez in the October 22 Republican primary. The special election took place on November 19, 2013.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 21 Republican Primary, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Red + Arnold + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin House of Representatives
- Wisconsin House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Red Arnold on Facebook
- Red Arnold on Twitter
- Red Arnold on LinkedIn
- Red Arnold on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Vote Red Arnold, Issues," accessed October 23, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- wrn.com, "Special election called for 21st Assembly District," September 18, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- wuwm.com, "Fields Finalized For Special Elections," October 23, 2013
- gab.wi.gov, "Official Republican primary results," accessed December 11, 2013