Redwood City Creation of a Library Board, Measure X (November 2009)
Measure X amended the City Charter to:
- Create a seven member Library Board, with all members to be appointed by the City Council
- Provide for the Library Board to establish rules for its proceedings.
- Authorized the City Council to set forth the authority and duties of the Library Board
Redwood City has had a city charter since 1929. The city charter has been amended 14 times, with the last amendment taking place in 2007.
- These final, certified, results are from the San Mateo County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure X: "Shall Section 18(a) of the City Charter be amended to create a seven member Library Board, all to be appointed by the City Council; Section 18(f) be added to provide that the Library Board would establish rules for its proceedings and the City Council would set forth the authority and duties of the Library Board; and deleting Section 19, 19 1/2, and 20 in their entirety?"|
- Analysis of Measure X (timed out)
- Argument in favor of Measure X (timed out)
- San Mateo local ballot measures, November 2009
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found