|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 42|
|1993 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 5, 1991|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi Valley State University|
|Master's||Mississippi State University|
|Date of birth||October 24, 1944|
Dickson earned her B.S. from Mississippi Valley State University and M.A. from Mississippi State University. Her professional experience includes working in consultant services and insurance.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Dickson served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Workforce Development|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Dickson served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Select Committee on Poverty, Chair|
|• Apportionment and Elections|
|• Enrolled Bills|
|• Public Property|
On November 8, 2011, Dickson won re-election to District 42 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She defeated David Callahan in the primary on August 2, 2011. Dickson was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 42 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Reecy Dickson Incumbent||62.4%||4,486|
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 42 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Reecy Dickson Incumbent||66.3%||3,898|
On November 6, 2007, Dickson was re-elected in District 42, defeating Republican challenger Janie Gregg.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 42 (2007)|
|Reecy Dickson (D)||4,060||67.72%|
|Janie Gregg (R)||1,935||32.28%|
In 2011, Dickson received $5,000 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Reecy Dickson's campaign in 2011|
|Enpac - The Power Of People||$500|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$500|
|Mississippi Malt Beverage Association||$300|
|Total Raised in 2011||$5,000|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,486|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.11|
In 2007, Dickson collected $11,700 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to her campaign.
|Mississippi House Democratic Leadership||$2,000|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$1,000|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Dickson has been a member of Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, and the Order of the Eastern Star.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Reecy + Dickson + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Dickson
- Associated Press, "Mississippi Primary Election Results," accessed August 3, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Reecy Dickson
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 42
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |