|Idaho House of Representatives District 14B|
|November 30, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Master's||University of South Carolina|
|Date of birth||October 1, 1963|
|Place of birth||Rochester, MN|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Endorsements
- 8 Personal
- 9 Recent news
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
DeMordaunt earned his B.A. from Brigham Young University and two M.A.s from American University in Cairo and the University of South Carolina. His professional experience includes working as CEO of Med Management Technology, Vice President for Asia Pacific & Japan at Seagate Software and founding North Star Charter School in Eagle, ID.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, DeMordaunt served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Education, Chair|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, DeMordaunt served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Chair|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, DeMordaunt served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Energy and Technology|
DeMordaunt's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: " I believe in order to maximize every dollar in our education system we must have accountability, innovation and choice. As a father of six children in public school, I believe that we should encourage and reward excellence in education."
- Excerpt: "I will work to strengthen our economy by keeping taxes low and reducing regulations. This will foster business growth and create good jobs for all Idahoans."
Pro-Private Property Rights
- Excerpt: "I will protect property owners' right to use their property and I will protect every Idahoan’s right to enjoy the state’s natural resources."
Limited and Responsive Government
- Excerpt: "I believe government should be responsive to the people, but limited and ethical. And as part of this, I want to hear your concerns about the issues."
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Rob Spencer was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Reed DeMordaunt was unopposed in the Republican primary. Spencer was defeated by DeMordaunt in the general election.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 14B, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Reed DeMordaunt Incumbent||67.9%||11,190|
DeMordaunt won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 14B. He defeated Michael Greenway in the Republican primary and defeated Glida Bothwell (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 14B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Reed DeMordaunt Incumbent||70.4%||15,091|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 14B Republican Primary, 2012|
|Reed DeMordaunt Incumbent||72.5%||2,434|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 14B (2010)|
|Reed DeMordaunt (R)||16,624||67.8%|
|Steve Berch (D)||7,891||32.2%|
Comprehensive donor information for DeMordaunt is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, DeMordaunt raised a total of $47,551 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Reed DeMordaunt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Idaho House, District 14B||$19,197|
|2010||Idaho House, District 14B||$28,354|
|Grand Total Raised||$47,551|
2012DeMordaunt won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, DeMordaunt raised a total of $19,197.
|Idaho House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Reed DeMordaunt's campaign in 2012|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,750|
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|The Idaho PAC||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$19,197|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which DeMordaunt was up for re-election, he collected $28,354 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Reed DeMordaunt's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,300|
|House Republican Caucus||$1,000|
|Roger Demordaunt Family Trust||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,354|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills "impacting economic freedom in the state."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. DeMordaunt received a score of 56 points in the 2013 index, ranking 26th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
DeMordaunt and his wife, Gayanne, have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Reed + DeMordaunt + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Profile from the Idaho House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Reed DeMordaunt on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- reed4idaho.com, "Issues," accessed September 15, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "DeMordaunt, Reed," accessed December 12, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
|Idaho House of Representatives District 14B
| Succeeded by|