Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama Secretary of State|
|High school||Sidney Lanier High School|
|Associate's||Marion Military Institute|
|Other||New School University|
McKinney first became involved in politics when he served as an administrative assistant to Emory Folmar, Mayor of Montgomery, Alabama. In 1998, he became the probate judge for Montgomery, Alabama. He was elected to a full six-year term in November 2000. He was re-elected in 2006. After serving for 15 years, McKinney lost re-election to Democrat Steven Reed.
- Sidney Lanier High School
- Marion Military Institute
- B.S. in Business Administration from Huntingdon College
- B.F.A. in Environmental Design from the New School University
McKinney ran for election to the office of Alabama Secretary of State. McKinney lost the Republican nomination to John Merrill in the primary runoff on July 15, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Alabama Secretary of State, Republican Primary Runoff, 2014|
|Election Results Via:abc News. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
|Alabama Secretary of State Republican Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:Alabama Secretary of State.|
McKinney was re-elected as probate judge for Montgomery County, Alabama in 2006.
McKinney was first elected to a full-term as probate judge for Montgomery County, Alabama in 2000.
McKinney and his wife, the former Beverly Gordy, have three daughters - Beth, Cathryn and Rebecca - and ten grandchildren. They attend Trinity Presbyterian Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Reese + McKinney + Alabama + Secretary + of + State"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Reese McKinney for Alabama Secretary of State 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 10, 2013
- (timed out) McKinney 2014 Secretary of State, "About Reese," accessed August 8, 2013
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Judge McKinney announces run for Alabama Secretary of State," accessed August 8, 2013
- AL.com, "Democrats' national momentum leads to local upsets for Montgomery area Republicans," accessed August 8, 2013
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|