|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 82|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||December 20, 2011|
|Religion||Teacher, Special Ed.|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bunch served on the following committees:
|Kentucky Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Labor and Industry|
|• Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Safety|
Elections for the office of Kentucky House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28, 2014. Incumbent Regina Petry Bunch defeated Eskridge Andy Shelton in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Regina Petry Bunch Incumbent||58.7%||5,330|
|Eskridge Andy Shelton||41.3%||3,754|
Bunch won re-election in the 2012 election for Kentucky House of Representatives District 82. She defeated James Larry Goins in the Republican primary on May 22, 2012, and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 82 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Regina Petrey Bunch Incumbent||77.3%||3,664|
|James Larry Goins||22.7%||1,078|
Bunch ran unopposed in the December 20 special election. In light of the circumstances, Democrats did not appoint a challenger. The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Bunch's husband, Dewayne Bunch, resigned in October after being seriously injured while attempting to break up a school fight.
Comprehensive donor information for Bunch is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Bunch raised a total of $6,600 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 19, 2013.
|Regina Bunch's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kentucky State House, District 82||$6,600|
|2011||Kentucky State House, District 82||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$6,600|
2012Bunch won re-election to the Kentucky House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bunch raised a total of $6,600.
|Kentucky House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Regina Bunch's campaign in 2012|
|Bunch, Regina Petrey||$1,250|
|Kentucky Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Kentucky Education Association||$1,000|
|Kentucky Bankers Association||$500|
|Kentucky Society of Cpas||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$6,600|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Regina + Bunch + Kentucky + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky General Assembly
- Kentucky House of Representatives
- Kentucky House Committees
- Kentucky Joint Committees
- Kentucky state legislative districts
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings with the Office of the Secretary of State," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary Election Results," accessed October 29, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2014 General Election Results," accessed December 5, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed March 13, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed March 13, 2014
- WBIR 10, "Ky Rep. Dewayne Bunch steps down from office," October 27, 2011
- WKYT 27, "Nominees for Representative Bunch's position," November 14, 2011
- Kentucky.com, "Wife of injured former lawmaker named GOP nominee in special election," November 15, 2011
- 10 WBIR, "Injured KY representative's wife to replace him in 82nd District," December 20, 2011
- followthemoney.org, "Bunch, Regina," accessed June 19, 2013
Dewayne Bunch (R)
|Kentucky House of Representatives District 82
| Succeeded by|
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |