Reginald "Reggie" Phillips
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 110|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Illinois University|
|Place of birth||Arthur, Illinois|
Phillips earned his associates degree from Lakeland College and his B.S. from Eastern Illinois University. His professional experience includes being the owner and operator of student-housing facilities, assisted living facilities and the the Reflections Memory Care Communities in Illinois.
On his official campaign website, Phillips said that he is running for office for the following reasons:
- Excerpt: "Reggie Phillips is running for State Representative because he is a concerned citizen that is tired of watching career politicians carelessly diminish our future. His concerns include, but are not limited to: engaging the people that live within the 110th, having their voices heard in Springfield, ending the corruption and addressing the high cost of Illinois government. He will strive to make Illinois run like a business and be a more family friendly state. He wants to keep our families right here, together in Illinois. His pledge is to stop kicking the can down the road."
- Excerpt: "Phillips will be a Citizen Legislator, not a career politician. He pledges to taxpayers that he will do the following: support term limits (serve no more than 8 years), stand strong for repealing the 2011 67% income tax hike and against a future progressive income tax increase, and request a forensic audit (every dime, online, in real time). Also, when elected he will decline the lucrative General Assembly pension and healthcare benefits, which will save taxpayers thousands upon thousands of dollars."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Kevin L. Garner will face Reginald "Reggie" Phillips and Darrell Cox in the Republican primary.
In 2014, Phillips's endorsements include the following:
- The Illinois Observer
Phillips and his wife, Martha, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Reginald + Phillips + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Voters can expect primary races for several state offices - Quad City Times
- GOP governor contenders already campaigning hard - Herald & Review
- Candidates file to run in March primary - Quad City Times
- Candidate to meet with county residents - The Daily Record
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Reggie Phillips on Facebook
- Reggie Phillips on Twitter
- Official campaign website, "About Reggie Phillips," accessed February 20, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed February 20, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed December 3, 2013
- www.illinoisobserver.net, "Illinois House and Senate 2014 Primary Endorsements Part II,” accessed February 19, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |