|Florida House of Representatives, District 49|
|November 18, 2014 - Present|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
Plasencia's professional experience includes working as a high school teacher and coach.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Plasencia served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Economic Affairs|
Elections for the office of Florida House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 20, 2014. Incumbent Joe Saunders was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Rene Plasencia defeated Ed Rodriguez in the Republican primary. Plasencia defeated Saunders in the general election.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 49 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Florida House of Representatives, District 49 Republican Primary, 2012|
Plasencia was endorsed by the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Rene + Plasencia + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Profile from the Florida House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Rene Plasencia on Facebook
- VoteRene, "Biography," accessed August 14, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "2014 Florida Election Watch - Multi-County or District Offices," accessed September 3, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing for 2014 General Election," accessed June 23, 2014
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed June 14, 2012
- VoteRene, "Endorsements," accessed August 14, 2014
Joe Saunders (D)
|Florida House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |