|Iowa House of Representatives District 37|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State University, 1993|
|Master's||New Mexico State University, 1996|
|Profession||Mary Kay Cosmetics|
Schulte works for Mary Kay Cosmetics and is an Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Mount Mercy College. She has previously been Director of Social Services of Christ's Haven for Children, Incorporated, a contract foster parent, Family Therapist with Four Oaks, Incorporated, and a mental health counselor.
Schulte is a member of Antioch Christian Church, House of Hope Board of Directors, and the Professional Women's Network.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schulte served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Schulte served on the following committees:
- Human Resources
- State Government
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
Schulte ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 66. Schulte ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by Art Staed (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 66, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Renee Schulte Incumbent||44.9%||7,575|
Schulte won re-election to the 37th District seat against Mark J. Seidl (D). Schulte had no opposition in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 37 General Election (2010)|
|Renee Schulte (R)||6,836|
|Mark J. Seidl (D)||5,762|
On November 4, 2008, Schulte was elected to the 37th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Art Staed (D). Schulte raised $332,991 for her campaign, while Staed raised $342,337.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 37|
|Renee Schulte (R)||8,628|
|Art Staed (D)||8,615|
In 2010 Schulte collected $159,745 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Renee Schulte's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Republican Party||$43,831|
|Iowa Association Of Business & Industry||$4,000|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$3,000|
|John Deere & Co||$2,750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$159,745|
In 2008 Schulte collected $332,991 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$218,010|
|Free & Strong America PAC||$12,000|
|Iowans for Tax Relief||$10,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Renee + Schulte + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Renee Schulte's Personal Website
- Renee Schulte on the Iowa House Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Renee Schulte on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Schulte
- Iowa Caucus "Romney Iowa campaign leader blasts Obama strategy," August 9, 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Official Iowa House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Iowa Election results
- Iowa House of Reps., 2008 Money Raised
- 2010 Contributions to Iowa House candidates
- 2008 Contributions to Renee Schulte
|Iowa House of Representatives District 37
| Succeeded by|
John Landon (R)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |