Republican State Leadership Committee
|Republican State Leadership Committee|
The RSLC was founded in 2002 in response to increasing competitiveness in down ballot races. Since its inception, it has grown to be the largest Republican organization that focuses on state level politics.
Ed Gillespie has been the chairman of the RSLC since 2010. Chris Jankowski serves as RSLC President.
On April 29, the Republican State Leadership Committee announced a Judicial Fairness Initiative, through which they aim to back conservative judges in the 2014 elections. The announcement came on the heels of a $650,000 donation to the group Justice for All North Carolina, which aired attack ads against Justice Robin Hudson of the North Carolina Supreme Court. Hudson, a Democrat seeking re-election in 2014, faced two Republicans in the May 6 primary--Eric Lee Levinson and Jeanette Kathleen Doran.  For more information, see North Carolina Supreme Court elections, 2014 on Judgepedia.
As of December 2013, there was no other data available on contributions to candidates in the 2014 election cycle.
The RSLC contributed $977,500 in the 2012 election cycle: $2,500 to candidates, $400,000 to 527 committees and $500,000 to outside spending groups.
The following table displays the full list of federal campaign contributions made by NSLC in 2012.
|Largest Republican State Leadership Cmte expenditures in 2012|
|Real Jobs NC||$300,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Republican + State + Leadership + Committee"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- RSLC, "About," accessed December 9, 2013
- RSLC, "Meet the leadership," accessed December 9, 2013
- The Washington Post, "Republican group will focus on judicial races," April 29, 2014
- Lady Liberty 1885, "The NC Supreme Court Races," April 14, 2014
- News & Observer, "NC Supreme Court race sees outside money and negative ads," April 29, 2014
- Justice At Stake.org, "Red Flags for High Spending, Attack Ads in NC Judicial Race," April 28, 2014
- OpenSecrets, "Republican State Leadership Cmte," accessed December 9, 2013