The Retirement Committee is a standing committee of the Georgia House of Representatives.
Per the House Rules, committees of the Georgia House of Representatives are assigned by the Speaker of the House. Committees are assigned after each election. A quorum is not defined in the rules. The President is not designated as an "ex officio" member of every committee. The Speaker, Speaker pro Tempore, Majority Leader and Majority Whip are all "ex officio" members of every committee, except the Speaker who is not an "ex officio" member of the Rules committee.
See rules: House Rules (dead link)
||This committee oversees both the Teacher's and State Employee's Retirement System. TRS administers the fund from which teachers in the state’s public schools, many employees of the University System of Georgia, and certain other designated employees in educational-related work environments receive retirement benefits. ERS administers separate and distinct cost-sharing, multiple employer defined benefit pension plans for various employer agencies of the State of Georgia, as well as defined contribution plans, and a life insurance plan. The Employee's Retirement System also serves as the State Social Security Administrator for all political subdivisions of the state.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
|Retirement Members, 2015|
|Democratic members (0)||Republican members (0)|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)(Rule 11.1)
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)(Rule 11.7)
- ↑ Georgia State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)(Rule 11.3)
- ↑ Georgia House of Representatives, "House Retirement," accessed January 17, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.