The Revenue Committee is a standing committee of the Nebraska Senate.
The Revenue Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- sales and use tax; rates of; setting of; exemptions; items to be taxed; collection; delinquent taxes
- income tax
- property tax; homestead exemption; administration; valuation of property
- motor fuels tax; special fuel; aircraft fuel; liquefied gas
- miscellaneous taxes; cigarette; liquor; insurance premiums; pari-mutuel; inheritance; highway bonds; franchise; severance
- Department of Revenue; State Tax Commissioner
- Employment Expansion and Investment Incentive Act; Employment and Investment Growth Act; Community Development Assistance Act; all proposals containing tax credit or incentives regardless of the remaining subject matter
- Local Option Tax Control Act; Local Option Revenue Act; state aid; revenue forecasting
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.