Reynaldo R. Mesa
|Reynaldo R. Mesa|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 123|
|January 10, 2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Mesa is currently the Government and Public Affairs Manager for Cox Communications, the third largest cable provider in the nation. Mesa previously served as Mayor and City Commissioner for Garden City, Kansas.
Mesa is a graduate of Garden City High School.
Mesa served on the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Economic Development Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Energy and Utilities Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
Mesa ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 123. He withdrew from the primary to focus on his work as the Executive Director of the Garden City Chamber of Commerce, but still appeared on the ballot against John Doll in the August 7 Republican primary. No candidates filed to run in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 123 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Reynaldo R. Mesa Incumbent||29.7%||615|
Mesa won election unopposed in the November 2 general election.
In 2010, Mesa raised $8,850 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Reynaldo + Mesa + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official legislature website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Western Kansas News, "Kansas Republican Party Will Endorse Doll if Successful in Primary Election," July 11, 2012. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Jeff Whitham (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 123
| Succeeded by|
John Doll (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |