Rhode Island 2012 ballot measures
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 3, 2012 and ended in mid June of 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
- See also: 2012 ballot measures
The following measures appeared on the 2012 ballot:
|Question 1||Gambling||Would ask voters if they want state-operated casino gambling at the Twin River slot venue.||
|Question 2||Gambling||Would authorize casino games at Newport Grand.||
|BI||Question 3||Bond issues||Issue general obligation bonds (up to $50,000,000) for renovations and modernization of academic buildings at Rhode Island College.||
|BI||Question 4||Bond issues||Issue general obligation bonds (up to $94,000,000) for the construction of a new Veterans’ Home.||
|BI||Question 5||Bond issues||Issue general obligation bonds (up to $12,000,000) to finance drinking water infrastructure projects.||
|BI||Question 6||Bond issues||Issue general obligation bonds (up to $20,000,000) for environmental and recreational purposes.||
|BI||Question 7||Bond issues||Issue general obligation bonds (up to $25,000,000) for affordable housing.||
Not on the ballot
|Marriage Amendment||Marriage||Would define marriage as between one man and one woman in the state.|
|Ethics Law Change Amendment||Admin. of gov't.||Members of the General Assembly subject to the jurisdiction of the state Ethics Commission.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Rhode Island ballot measures
- Rhode Island Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- Legislative review only done in states where the indirect initiative process is implemented.