Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45|
|Current incumbent||Mia Ackerman|
|Ethnicity||1.5% Black, 2.5% Hispanic|
|Voting age||78.3% age 18 and over|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
As of the 2010 census, a total of 13,839 civilians reside within Rhode Island's forty-fifth state house district. Rhode Island state representatives represent an average of 14,034 residents. After the 2000 Census, each member represented 13,978 residents.
About the chamber
- See also: Comparison of state legislative salaries
As of 2013, members of the Rhode Island Legislature are paid $14,185.95/year during legislative sessions. Legislators receive no per diem.
If there is a vacancy in the house, a special election must be held to fill the vacant seat. The Secretary of State must call for an election to be held anywhere from 70 to 90 days after the vacancy occurred. No election can be held if the vacancy happens after the first Monday in February during an election year. The person elected to fill the seat serves for the remainder of the unfilled term.
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Mia Ackerman was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Paul Simoes was removed from the ballot before the primary. Ackerman was unchallenged in the general election.
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on September 11, 2012, and a general election on November 6, 2012. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 27, 2012. Mia Ackerman (D) was unopposed in the general election and defeated incumbent Rene Menard in the Democratic primary.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 45 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rene Menard Incumbent||45.8%||900|
Since 2000, candidates for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45 have raised a total of $317,017. Candidates who raised money in contributions earned $19,814 on average. All figures come from Follow the Money.
|Campaign contributions, Rhode Island House of Representatives District 45|
|* Campaign finance data for 2012 is incomplete for this district.|
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- For more information on the parameters the U.S. Census Bureau use, please see our Race and Ethnicity on the United States Census page.
- publicmapping.org, "Rhode Island 2010 Census Selected Statistics," accessed October 30, 2013
- NCSL.org, "2012 State Legislator Compensation and Per Diem Table," accessed March 18, 2013
- Rhode Island Legislature, "Rhode Island General Laws," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 17-3-6 (a))
- Rhode Island Legislature, "Rhode Island General Laws," accessed December 18, 2013(Referenced Statute 17-3-6 (b))
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- "Rhode Island Secretary of State - Official General Election Results," accessed October 30, 2013
- Rhode Island Secretary of State - Official Primary Election Results