Rhode Island elections, 2013
Rhode Island election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
Voting in Rhode Island
- See also: Voting in Rhode Island
Important voting information
- Rhode Island has a mixed primary system. If you are registered as "unaffiliated" you may vote in the primary of any party you choose. Once you vote in a primary, however, you are considered a member of that party until and unless you "disaffiliate."
- The deadline to register to vote is at least 30 days prior to an election.
- As of April 2014, Rhode Island is one of the 35 states that have not implemented online voter registration.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Rhode Island, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
Rhode Island is one of seven states that do not have any form of early voting.
Elections Performance Index
Rhode Island ranked 23rd out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2010 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen to in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Rhode Island received an overall score of 66%.
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |