Rhode Island lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2010
|2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
|Current Lt. Governors|
|Lt. Governor Elections|
|2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
The Rhode Island lieutenant gubernatorial election of 2010 was held on November 2, 2010. The primary election date is September 14, 2010. The deadline for filing primary nomination papers was in June. Voter registration deadlines pass on August 14, 2010 for the primary and October 2, 2010 for the general election. On all election days, polls are open from 7:00 am until 9:00 pm. local time.
Rhode Island is one of 17 states that elects the governor and lt. governor on entirely separate tickets. Elizabeth Roberts, a Democrat won the race. In the gubernatorial contest, Lincoln Chafee, an Independent, prevailed.
Heidi Rogers won the Republican primary but dropped out of the race. Kara Russo, who lost in the primary, filed a complaint with the Board of Elections, seeking them to require a Republican candidate on the November ballot.
|The November Ballot – Who's Made It? Pennsylvania Lieutenant Governor|
|This lists candidates who won their state's primary or convention, or who were unopposed, and who have since been officially certified for the November ballot by their state's election authority.|
November 2, 2010 general election results
Rhode Island's lieutenant governor is elected separately from the governor. As of November 8, 2010, 100% of precincts were reported and results were final.
|Rhode Island Lieutenant Governor, 2010|
|Democratic||Elizabeth Roberts Incumbent||54.5%||175,640|
|Cool Moose||Robert Healey||39.2%||126,063|
|Election Results Via: Rhode Island Board of Elections|
- Jeremy A. Kapstein, a Navy vet, former CEO of the San Diego Padres, and one-time executive with the Boston Red Sox
- Current Lt. Governor Elizabeth H. Roberts briefly formed an exploratory committee for a gubernatorial run before announcing her intention to seek re-election. Prior to being sworn in as Lt. Governor in 2002, she served as a state Senator.
- Heidi Rogers
- Kara D. Russo, also running for the First Congressional District, is a marketing a communications specialist
- Robert J. "Bob" Healey, Jr., with the Cool Moose Party
- Robert P. Venturini
- Rhode Island Office of the Secretary of State
- Rhode Island Governor's Race at CQ Politics
- Rhode Island 2010 Gubernatorial Candidates at www.FollowTheMoney.com
- Rhode Island Governor at www.OurCampaigns.com
- Election 2010 - Rhode Island Governor at www.RasmussenReports.com
- 2010 Rhode Island Governor's Race at www.RealClearPolitics.com
- Frank Caprio at PolitiFact
- Lincoln Chafee at PolitiFact
- Patrick Lynch at PolitiFact
- John Robataille at PolitiFact
- Robert Healy for Rhode Island Lt. Governor
- Jeremy Kapstein for Lt. Governor
- Elizabeth Robert for Rhode Island
- Kara Russo
- ↑ The Green Papers, "2010 Gubernatorial Primaries at a Glance"
- ↑ Office of the Secretary of State, "Election calendar 2010", accessed July 16, 2010
- ↑ Providence Journal, "Complaint seeks to compel GOP lieutenant governor candidate to run," September 21, 2010
- ↑ Rhode Island State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election: Lieutenant Governor", updated November 8, 2010 at 11:46, accessed November 15, 2010
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |